8 October 2018
Competition: Help Us Name Our Two Cranes
Development is pushing on smoothly at Bayside Apartments, leading to the arrival of our two enormous cranes on site. Their presence makes for an exciting milestone in our schedule, so we are celebrating with a fun little competition in search of someone to bestow new names upon our cranes.
Currently sporting rather uninspiring names, we thought perhaps you could do better.
To give you a little inspiration, we’ve included a few facts below to help stimulate your creative thinking (though you’re entirely free to think outside the box). You’ll also find the all-important terms and conditions.
The winner will have the honour of seeing their chosen crane names (including their own) splashed across the barriers surrounding the development, and of course, boasting rights for having named the two cranes guarding Worthing promenade for the foreseeable future.
Without further adieu, on with a touch of inspiration and T&Cs.
- The names of our jumbo cranes are:
- - ‘TC1 Jaso J160 saddle-jib’, and his big brother,
- - ‘TC2 Jaso J160 saddle-jib’
- ‘TC1’ is the youngest and smallest at approximately 43m high with a 40m long arm (jib)
- ‘TC2’ is the eldest and tallest at just under 70m high with a 45m long arm
- Both are equally strong, able to carry a maximum load of 5 tonnes
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Roffey Homes Ltd (Company no. 00657938)
- The competition is open to residents Worldwide aged 13 years or over* except for employees of Roffey Homes Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- How to enter: Facebook users can submit as many suggestions as they like in the comments box of the official competition post on the Bayside Apartments Worthing Facebook Page.
- Closing date for entry will be 31st October 2018 at 23:59. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be counted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Roffey Homes Ltd.
- There is no physical or digital prize or any prize of monetary value. However, the chosen crane names, including the winner's name(s), will be displayed on the hoarding (barrier) surrounding the development. The winner also has the honour of having chosen the names for the cranes dominating Worthing seafront for the foreseeable future.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by Roffey Homes Ltd.
- The winner will be notified on Facebook within 28 days of the closing date.
- Roffey Homes Ltd.’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, as well as their entry. No other personal information will be used. *If under 18 years of age, no personally identifiable information will be used in the winner’s announcement, just their entry.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.